PUBLIC RELATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
T.Marie Media Group is searching for an enthusiastic go-getter ready to learn about the field of public relations. The intern candidate must be enrolled in or has obtained a BA/BS in journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Candidate must be detail oriented, selfstarter, problem solver, a people person and results motivated. Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Various projects and duties to be performed by an intern are:
- Development of media list; media monitoring and media clip compilation
- Database Development
- Writing and editing media materials (press releases/media alerts/ newsletters/press kits)
- Pitching stories to media
- Contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Background research
- Attending client meetings, when needed
- Event Assistance Dayof/event execution and staffing
- Planning and dayof execution of special events
- Studying and staying on top of media trends; specifically social media and SEO
- Creating social media campaigns for T.Marie Media Group and/or clients.
- Development of key messaging for client
- Writing stories and managing content for client social media campaigns
- Organization/administrative duties
- Additional responsibilities to be determined Requirements
- Prior media pitching experience
- Knowledge and experience with AP Style
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Strong understanding of client confidentiality. Will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Internet access to perform work duties
- Knowledgeable and experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Physical ability to move up to 25 lbs and setup for events
- 20 hours/week to commit to internship The internship is an unpaid position (virtual is optional).
Many duties required of the position can be completed at home, a gas card will be made available for client or other workrelated expenses (client events, etc. ) Weekly conference calls and/or inperson meetings will be required. The internship schedule is very flexible and can be determined by agreed upon terms. Submit your resume to: email@example.com
Job Type: Internship